Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for Ben. I can't believe he is in 8th grade already! He wasn't thrilled about having his picture taken and as we we arguing about it, I thought, I don't have too many more of these first days....So after a few takes, we finally have a nice first day of 8th grade picture. Thanks Ben for humoring your mom!
Ben will have a busy year as he serves as the 8th grade rep, learns Spanish and plays trumpet in concert band.
After carpool came, I went for a nice long walk and run since my first day is tomorrow. Gotta love the block schedule in high school. On my route, I passed two elementary schools and saw tons of parents taking their kids to school. As I ran by Butler Elementary, I remember taking Lindsi there on her first day of 1st grade and pushing Kristi in her stroller. Could not believe she was going to be gone all day.
Then I ran by Bella Vista and remember taking Kristi to kindergarten and how cute she looked and how independent my baby girl was.
When I took Ben, I remember being a sad because I knew he was our last and I wouldn't do that again....
It's gone way to fast; my little girls are all grown up and I know that the next few years with Ben will fly by, so sorry Ben, you are just going to have to put up with a few more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment