Sunday, June 6, 2010

First Days of Summer

It's been a busy first few days of summer....

On Saturday, I ran my first 5K fun run. Weight Watchers was sponsoring a 5K walk/run through Wheeler Farm. I always enjoy walking with my friends, but never really thought of running. I have been inspired by several friends running half marathons, so with my new Mother's Day running shoes on my feet, I convinced Nick to run with me and off we went. It was hot as the run began at 1:00 and I was super thirsty about 10 minutes in, but all in all we completed 3.1 miles in about 30 minutes. Here are some pictures of the day: 1st pic Nick and I all smiles before the run! 2nd half way through I was glad to see Bri and the kids cheering us on!

Mission accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Great job! That's a good time! It was great to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you guys did it! Wish I could have to :( The real questions is... did Chum make it?? Ha ha!! Nick had fun with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you mommy and nick! That is so awesome! Next one I will do with you! love you!

    ReplyDelete